Nodwin Gaming acquires 100% stake in Nazara-owned game marketing agency Publishme

Published on:

In its latest move to boost international presence, gaming and esports media firm Nodwin Gaming’s Singapore division has acquired a 100% stake in game marketing agency Publishme from parent company Nazara Technologies and co-founder Ozgur Ozalp.

The revelation was done via a recent stock market filing, indicating that Nodwin Gaming’s Singapore subsidiary is acquiring 82.81 percent stake from Nazara’s Dubai division for $2 million in cash along with remaining 17.19 percent stake from Ozgur Ozalp for $1.

Publishme operates in Turkey and the United Arab Emirates, helping game publishers with launches, social media management, sponsorship and activations. The firm will still operate as Publishme in Turkey but will be rebranded as Nodwin Gaming in the Middle East.

With the acquisition, the company can further improve its offerings for brands and publishers while also continuing to expand globally.

“This strategic acquisition not only brings in a host of new opportunities but also paves the way for a multitude of fresh possibilities for us as a leading gaming and esports media company,” said Akshat Rathee, co-founder of Nodwin Gaming, as quoted by Moneycontrol.

Nazara Tech CEO, Nitish Mittersain, said that the move will help Nodwin Gaming to create a strong base in the Middle East esports market.

Meanwhile, Nodwin Gaming raised $28 million in a funding round led by Nazara, Krafton and JetSynthesys in May this year. Earlier in April, the company also acquired a majority stake in Singapore-based firm ‘Branded’, a live events company, as part of its global expansion drive.

Nodwin Gaming is known for focusing on the video gaming industry and has hosted several prominent tournaments for popular games like BGMI and events like Dreamhack India. The upcoming Dreamhack event is in partnership with ESL Faceit group and will be hosted in November in Hyderabad.