Paidia Gaming announced that its women-led team successfully raised over $4.4 million in seed capital to fund the development and growth of its fully-integrated, gaming portal paidagaming. The oversubscribed financing validates the inherent industry demand for Paidia’s vision of building a community-led platform for all gamers focused on inclusivity, kindness and safety.
Paidia is a women-led gaming, technology and media company building an inclusive gaming community to empower gamers to safely connect, learn and play. Paidia’s portal includes prize pool tournaments and access to safe gameplay, entertainment, community experiences and membership rewards.
ALSO READ: Games24X7 plans to deepen online rummy segment in north India
Paidia is disrupting the gaming industry by making gaming inviting, entertaining and engaging while fostering positive social connections. Paidia’s team is run by an executive team of all women gaming, technology and media experts that are driving the growth and scale of the business. Executive leadership includes Paidia founder and CEO (former head of media at Red Bull Canada) Jill Kenney, Stephanie Peloza, head narrative designer (popular gaming creator and transgender activist), Camille Salazar-Hadaway, head of partnerships (well-known esports host and content producer), Taylor Sudermann, director of digital products and platform (former Digital Programming at Red Bull Canada), and Julia Becker, corporate advisor (former head of investor relations at Enthusiast Gaming).
Here’s just a quick snapshot of Paidia’s success and traction since May 2021:
- Over $4.4 million investment reached in 2021
- Beta access to gaming portal for desktop went live mid-November
- Key partnerships with industry leaders including Xbox Canada and Razer, who share Paidia’s mission of making gaming accessible and inclusive for all
- Original media properties and artwork produced including a podcast, editorial and video on demand series
- Signed official ambassadors and influential gamers including Jeannail Carter, Stephanie Harvey, and Kelsey Impicciche