spot_img
spot_imgspot_imgspot_imgspot_img

Gaming course enrollments rise 25% in academic year 2022-23: Report

Published on:

A recent report by College Vidya revealed a 25% rise in demand for gaming courses, with over 300 students enrolling in such courses in academic year 2022-2023 compared to the previous year.

This can be attributed to the increase of interest among students who wish to build a career in the gaming and technology field. It should be noted that the word ‘gaming’ here is in reference to the gaming industry rather than playing of games.

Creating a game includes various aspects like game design, game development, art, animation, storyboarding/storytelling, VFX, and others. These career options started to flourish after the launch of “Make in India” campaign and the focus shifting towards the gaming industry.

The report believes that these growth rates are indicative of more general changes in academic choices and formal gaming education, showing a growing propensity for computer application and gaming courses.

“The demand for gaming courses (like BCA, MCA, certification courses in game development, full-stack development & game design and more) reflects the evolving preferences and aspirations of today’s students. The gaming industry is not just a form of entertainment but has evolved into a dynamic career choice with immense potential for growth,” said Rohit Gupta, Co-founder and COO of College Vidya, as quoted by The Financial Express.

As per the report, nearly 62% of students opting for game development courses of any sort came from tier 1 cities, while the remaining 38% were from tier 2 and tier 3 cities combined. Moreover, enrolment of females and working professionals in the ITES also saw a surge of 23.5% this year compared to 2022.

Furthermore, the report stated that AI technology and machine learning will also help boost the gaming industry, making careers within it even more viable with growth rates estimated to be between 40% and 50% in the coming years.

G2G Gaming Show

Related